Why I value sleep so much?
In high school all I did was sleep. Sure, there were parties and late night hangouts with friends (or video games).
But I would make it all up on the weekends.
In college I did the classic fraternity thing for 3 years. My sleep suffered immensely.
Every night there was a party – this often meant 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night.
But I really hit a wall when I started working after college.
It didn’t take long to realize that short nights and alcohol were incredibly detrimental to my performance at work.
At first I just stopped drinking throughout the week – that made a hell of a difference.
Then I started trying out different tactics.
I’ve always done much self-experimenting (such as supplements, sports, psychological tricks, sleep and wacky diets).
But now everything was focused on getting restful, long sleep with incredible dreams.
After a bunch of experiments, I’ve got my sleep to a good level.
There’s still tons of room for improvement – but I’m learning and optimizing on the go.
Halfway 2017 I started this site when I noticed basically everyone struggles with sleeping well.
What can Sleep Investor do for you?
You can see this site as a collection of sleep tactics, knowledge and fun experiments.
Is this you?
- You know the importance of sleep – but you cannot seem to juggle work, social life and sleeping 8 hours?
- You already sleep pretty well – but you want to get that extra 20% extra recovery (without spending 2 hours more in bed each night)?
Whom this site is not for?
- If you’ve got a serious sleeping/health problem – please go see a doctor. I do not have experience with sleep apnea or clinical insomnia, so I do not want to give definite advice about it (apart from some general tips.
What will you learn?
- Why sleep is so important
- The basic fundamentals of a good sleep regime
- Fun experiments to see if popular sleep theories are true
- Which supplements help with sleep
- Simple tricks to implement quickly to sleep better
That was it. Now go take a look at the blog!
P.S. If you have questions about any topic we’re discussing here, or you’d like to contact me personally, then you can do so through the following form:
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” /][/contact-form]