A quick search online for mattresses often results in American companies. However, there are many national companies in other countries that offer quality mattresses as well. Today we’re going to discuss an Irish mattress company: Easca mattress review.
Since a couple of years people have become more aware of the effect of mattresses on their sleep. One reason can be is there many celebrities, such as Arianna Huffington are talking publicly about how to get better sleep – and having the right mattress for your body is one part of that.
Easca mattress review
Today we’re going to discuss how the Easca mattress will help you get better sleep. We’ll discuss the ins and outs of the mattress, so that you can see whether the mattress is a good solution for any sleep problems you might have. We will also discuss the downsides of the mattress in the end, because I feel that specific types of persons are better off not sleeping on this mattress.
Let’s start with the Easca mattress specifications:
- Available in 9 different sizes (more info)
- 25 centimeter (10 inches) thick
- Delivered within 3-5 business days (in Ireland, not sure about UK)
- Top layer is 5cm gel infused cooling memory foam (unique to Easca)
- Middle layer is 5 cm of supportive foam.
- Bottom support layer is 15 cm of high density foam, which is responsible for the natural support of your spine.
- The mattress fits on slats, flat base and a top divan.
2 Types of People who’ll enjoy sleeping on an Easca mattress
The Mattress is a solid choice for a great deal of people. However, there are two types of people who get the most out of sleeping on an Easca mattress:
- People who suffer from back/hip pain and want an affordable mattress that helps relieve this pain – the way the mattress is constructed will offer extra support for problem areas and this helps your body relax those pressured areas at night.
- People who want to support the Irish community – virtually every business is outsourcing already, and Easca is one of the few companies left that offers jobs in Ireland and helps the community.
5 Things I like about the mattress
Comfortable gel foam mattress
The Easca mattress is designed as a medium firm mattress. The reason for that is because medium for mattresses rank highest in professional sleep studies to relieve pain in the back. The special Easca gelfoam used is designed to support the natural posture of the spine. This is good if you suffer from back, shoulder or neck problems.
100 night sleeping trial
Another great thing about the Easca mattress is that you get a 100 night sleeping trial. This should be standard procedure for every mattress company. It is simply impossible to ‘try out’ a mattress for five minutes in a store and get the right impression of how you will sleep on it for several years.
To get the right impression of how you will sleep on a mattress for a long period of time, you will have to sleep on it for at least several weeks. After that you can make the decision if the mattress is for you. If not, you can always return it to Easca and they give you a 100% refund. They also pick it up for free.
Easca also helps the local Irish Communities by donating one out of every 10 mattresses that they sell to the Simon community. This community works to alleviate isolation of people who sleep in rough places, giving them a place where they can get a sense of belonging and sleep better. They have been helping homeless people for over 50 years.
They also plant a tree for every mattress sold through the website treesontheland.com, which plants young native trees across the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Since many different materials go into a mattress, some people have been worried that they are harmful compounds in their mattress – mainly speaking about foam mattresses. To combat this, the CertiPUR foundation (a non-profit organisation) checks all the mattresses and gives them a certificate that the mattress is made without:
- ozone depleters
- flame retardants
- mercury, lead or other heavy metals
- and has a low VOC (particle emissions)
The Easca matches is certified by the organization, so you won’t have to worry about the safety of your mattress and your health while sleeping on it.
Smart cooling system
There are two main complaints from memory foam mattresses. The first one is that it can have some lingering smell for a while after you install the mattress. The second one is that they sleep hot.
The Easca mattress is built to stay cool. It draws the heat from top to bottom to ensure that you sleep at the optimal temperatures. It also encourages airflow and releases heat.
Common Easca mattress complaints
As mentioned in the previous paragraph, one common complaint about the mattress is that it might have some chemical smell that lingers for a while after you install the mattress. Depending on how well you air the room, this can stay for up to 1 to 2 weeks. It’s important to know that this is pretty common, and that the smell doesn’t pose any health hazards. I recommend you just air the mattress very well so that the smell goes away faster.
Easca mattress review conclusion
We’ve made it to the end of this Easca mattress review. it’s a quality mattress, for an affordable price, and it’s suitable for a great deal of people. Here’s a quick summary of the Easca mattress:
- Quality mattress made in Ireland
- Medium firm mattress
- 25 cm thick (10 inches)
- Available in 9 different sizes
- Good if you suffer from back, hip or neck pain
- Sleeps coo
- Safe to sleep on (no harmful emissions)
- Might have a slight chemical lingering smell after installing (depending on airing can last for 1 to 2 weeks).
P.S. enjoyed reading this Easca mattress review? It’s a solid mattress that sleeps well for many people. Check out the price here!